Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday October 2, 2013 - 09:24:19 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
ECB Meeting today. Government shutdown non-event
|ECB Meeting today. Government shutdown non-event |
2 October 2013 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR: EZ- ECB North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, ADP Private Jobs, Weekly Crude
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS:EZ- ECB, US- ADP Private Jobs
- The reaction of markets to the partial shutdown of the U.S. government has been muted as it all is being seen as a meaningless political circus. The major focus is on the debt limit talks when the funding authority of the government runs out sometime around October 17.
- The ECB decision today will be closely watched, although there is no need seen for additional ease by the central bank. One issue of concern is the recent strength of the EURUSD, although technically this is not under the purview of the ECB..
- The latest BOJ decision is due on Friday.
- Thursday will see a slew of final PMI reports for September, Markets watch the PMI reports closely. The partial government shutdown could see some government economic statistics postponed. Wednesday through Friday sees many of the scheduled U.S. employment reports released.
- Janet Yellen appears to be the likely candidate to take Bernanke's job as Fed Chair in late January. Her nomination could come as early as this week or next. She should be a safe appointment.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
||JGB 0.65% -2bp
||Asia Close Mixed|
||Bund 1.79% -2bp
||U.S. 2.63% -2 bp
||North America: Lower|
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.