Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday October 8, 2013 - 09:11:32 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Budget impasse to continue until the last minute? U.S. data on hold
|Budget impasse to continue until the last minute? U.S. data on hold|
8 October 2013 10:00 gmt
||JGB 0.66% +1bp
||Asia Close Higher|
||Bund 1.82% +2bp
||U.S. 2.64% +2 bp
CALENDAR: North America: CA- Trade. US- 3-yr Auction, API
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: DE- Trade, Factory Orders, CA- Trade
- The absence of U.S. data due to the budget impasse has trading anf the (Fed?) on hold. Look for the politicians to run the clock out until the last minute or even beyond. Swiiss CPI daya today suggest the high value of the currency is depressing economic activity.
- Budget/debt default debate negotiations are now focused on October 17. If history is aguide, there is a fair amount of leeway in that date. We will see. So far we have the following U.S, data postponed this week: Trade, Wholesale inventories, Import Prices, Retail Sales, Business Inventories, PPI.
- Top items due in the week ahead include trade figures from Germany, Canada, US (postponed?) and the U.K. plus employment figures from Australia and Canada. A Bank of England policy decision is set for Thursday. On Friday U.S. retail Sales data (postponed?) are due.
- As for Fed "tapering", the partial shutdown of the government has resulted in key economic data not being released, so policy is on hold. Janet Yellen appears to be the likely candidate to take Bernanke's job as Fed Chair in late January. It might be that the Her nomination is being held up by the budget impasse. This is a non-partisan job, and she would
be a safe appointment for Obama. Yellen is widely seen as a policy dove.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.