Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday October 9, 2013 - 20:35:47 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Yellen named to replace Bernanke. U.K. data disappoints
|Yellen named to replace Bernanke. U.K. data disappoints|
10 October 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR: Far East: AU- Employment, JP- BOJ Minutes. Europe: GB- BOE Decision.North America: US- Weekly Jobless, Natural Gas, 30-yr Auction|
||JGB 0.66% 0bp
||Asia Close Mixed|
||Bund 1.80% -1bp
||U.S. 2.66% +3 bp
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: AU- Employment GB- BOE Decision, US- Weekly Jobless. 30-yr
- Janet Yellen is the candidate to take Bernanke's job as Fed Chair in late January. By resume, she is highly qualified for the job. She is widely seen as a policy dove. We would characterize her as a moderate. Based on what we see currently, her Senate approval for the job should go fairly smoothly. This is seen as a non-partisan job.
- The latest Fed Meeting Minutes following conflicting comments by various Fed members about the non-taper decision meeting confirmed that the central bank is of many minds on the issue.. The USD rose on the news and bond prices fell..
- A Bank of England policy decision is set for Thursday. Australian Employment data are due later today.
- The GBP fell on two pieces of worse than expected data. Output slowed and the trade gap was larger than expected, Very recently, U.K. data has started to display some weakness. German Industrial Output data improved. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released. .
- The U.S budget/debt default debate negotiations are now focused on October 17, but the real date is probably closer to November 1. Apparently some movement is being made in the stand-off
- Top items on Friday are employment figures from Canada and U.S. Retail Sales data (likely postponed).
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Mar 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 20 Mar 2018
AA 9:30 GB- CPI
A 10:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Mar 2018
AA 03:00 AU- Employment
AA 9:30 GB- Employment
A 12:30 US- Current Account
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A A 18:00 US- Fed Rate Decision
A 21:00 NZ- RBNZ Rate Decision
Thu 22 Mar 2018
AA All Day flash PMIs
AA 9:30 GB- Retail Sales
AA 12:00 GB- Bank Of England Decision
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Mar 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.