Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday October 21, 2013 - 09:34:00 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Active data week in store
|Active data week in store|
21 October 2013 10:00 gmt
| CALENDAR:North America: US- Existing Homes Sales, Weekly Crude (delayed data)|
||U.S. 2.59% 0bp
||North America: Higher|
||Bund 1.84% +1bp
||JGB 0.63% +1 bp
||Asia Close Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Existing Homes Sales
- Parties to the U.S. budget/debt limit minute agreement deiced to extend the budget deadline to January 15 and the debt limit "soft" deadline to February 7. With no major agreements reached as part of the accord, so one asks if we will have to go through this nonsense again in less than three months time. This stunt by the "Tea Party" members of the Republican Party has been a fiasco and to try is again would only further undermine their political support.
- The government shutdown has been another fiscal drag on a soft economy. Furthermore, key data needed for Fed policy decisions have been delayed. Even the more hawkish Fed members say it will be difficult to make any major policy decisions at the upcoming October 30 FOMC. So Fed "tapering" is on hold for a while longer.
- In response to this new expectation, 10yr bond yields tumbled to as low as 2.55% on Friday from 2.84% before the budget/debt limit decision. Tumbling U.S. bond yields have undermined confidence in the USD.
- Government agencies closed by the shutdown will now be releasing stonewashed data due during the shutdown period along with new data.
- Tuesday will see the release of the delayed September Employment data. Other major data highlights of the week include U.S. Existing Homes sales Monday, Australian CPI, BOE Minutes and a Bank of Canada decision Wednesday, assorted Flash PMI reports and U.S. weekly Jobless claims Thursday. Friday sees German IFo data, UK preliminary GDP, and final University of Michigan data.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 23 Apr 2018
A All Day- Flash PMIs
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Apr 2018
AA 01:30 AU- CPI
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- CB Confidence
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
Wed 25 Apr 2018
AA 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Apr 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 27 Apr 2018
AA 03:00 JP- Bank of Japan
A 08:00 DE- Employment
A 08:30 GB- GDP
A 14:00 US- University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.