Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday October 21, 2013 - 19:13:06 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Markets awaiting September Employment data. Hopes are high
|Markets awaiting September Employment data. Hopes are high|
22 October 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR:Far East: No Major Data.Europe: No Major Data. North America: CA- Retail Sales US- Employment, Richmond Fed. Natural Gas|
||U.S. 2.61% +3bp
||Bund 1.85% +2bp
||Europe: Higher |
||JGB 0.63% +1bp
||Asia Close Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Employment CA- Retail Sales
- Tuesday will see the release of the delayed September Employment data. These data are late but are not so late as to be deemed "old". The street consensus is for an increase in non-farm payrolls of 180K in the month, although there has been chatter about a gain in excess of 200K.The October employment report will released on November 8, rather than the originally planned November 1.
- The government shutdown has been another fiscal drag on a soft economy. Furthermore, key data needed for Fed policy decisions have been delayed. Even the more hawkish Fed members say it will be difficult to make any major policy decisions at the upcoming October 30 FOMC. So Fed "tapering" is on hold for a while longer.
- Government agencies closed by the shutdown will now be releasing data canceled due the shutdown along with new data over the month.
- Other major data highlights this week include Australian CPI, BOE Minutes and a Bank of Canada decision Wednesday, assorted Flash PMI reports and U.S. weekly Jobless claims Thursday. Friday sees the German IFo data, UK preliminary GDP, and final University of Michigan data.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 15 Oct 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
Tue 16 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
Wed 17 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 09:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Fed Policy Minutes
Thu 18 Oct 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 19 OCt 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.