Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday October 22, 2013 - 18:58:47 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. September Employment data disappoints. Key data all week
|U.S. September Employment data disappoints. Key data all week|
23 October 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR: Far East: AU- CPI. Europe: GB- BOE Minutes. EZ- Consumer Confidence. North America: CA- BOC Decision. US- Weekly Mortgages, Import Prices. Weekly Crude|
| EURUSD 1.3783
|| U.S. 2.52% -10bp
|| North America:Higher|
| EURJPY 135.23
|| Bund 1.80% -5bp
|| DE: DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6236
|| GILT 2.64 -10bp
|| GB: FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 98.12
|| JGB 0.62% -1bp
|| Asia Close Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: AU- CPI, GB- BOE Minutes CA- BOC Decision
- The delayed September U.S. Employment report was a disappointment to the markets with jobs increasing only a meager 148K in the month and combined revisions to July and August data only amounting to a small gain of only +9K. There had been some pre-data chatter of a gain in excess of 200K. The data is expected to set back any Fed tapering back to 1Q14 at the earliest.
- The yield on the U.S. 10-year tumbled on the news along with the USD, and equities rose on the prospects of no Fed tightening for the foreseeable future. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released. .The October employment will released on November 8.
- Canadian August Retail Sales data were weaker than expected, but still gained on the month The reaction in USDCAD was minimal.
- Other major data highlights this week include Australian CPI, BOE Minutes and a Bank of Canada decision Wednesday, assorted Flash PMI reports and U.S. weekly Jobless claims Thursday. Friday sees the German IFo data, UK preliminary GDP, and final University of Michigan data.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.