Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday October 27, 2013 - 17:01:28 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Slow Monday Calendar opens an active week
|Slow Monday Calendar opens an active week |
28 October 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR: Far East: NZ- Holiday- CPI. Europe: EZ/UK (Sun) Clocks Change. North America: US- Industrial Production. Pending Homes Sales. 2-yr Auction |
| EURUSD 1.3812
|| U.S. 2.50% -2bp
|| North America:Higher|
| EURJPY 134.43
|| Bund 1.75% -2bp
|| DE: DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6179
|| GILT 2.62 -1bp
|| GB: FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 97.33
|| JGB 0.62% +1bp
|| Asia Close Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: Pending Homes Sales, Industrial Production
- Data we have seen in the latest week suggest that the
U.S. economy may be losing steam. Latest (September) Employment data showed that job growth has been stagnating and sentiment surveys are leveling out. Taken together this all suggests that Fed policy could remain on hold for a good while longer. Hopes for a March 2014 "taper" might be premature. No policy changes from the FOMC are expected this Wednesday, October 30.
- The 10yr bond yield tumbled to below as 2.50% from 2.84% before the budget/debt limit decision. Tumbling U.S. bond yields have undermined confidence in the USD. So now we are all following stocks. weak economic data and government leadership disarray equates to more Cool-Aid from the Fed (QE?) and that is seen as a stimulus for stocks. So bad news is good news is back as the paradigm.
- The data schedule this week is the usual end of month releases supplemented by delayed data releases due the government shutdown. Tuesday features key U.S. Retail Sales. Industrial Production data (both delayed) and the Conference Board Consumer Sentiment Report. Wednesday sees German Employment data, along with Fed and Reserve Bank of New Zealand policy decisions.
- German Retail Sales, U.S. Personal Income and Weekly Jobless Claims are due on Thursday. Friday sees a holiday in the Eurozone, plus U.K. and U.S. October PMI reports.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.