Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday November 3, 2013 - 17:11:02 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
ECB meet major focus Thursday. October U.S. Jobs due
|ECB meet major focus Thursday. October U.S. Jobs due|
4 November 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR: Far East: JA- Holiday. Europe: EZ- Final PMIs North America: US- Factory Orders|
| EURUSD 1.3488
|| U.S. 2.62% +7bp
|| North America:Higher|
| EURJPY 133.19
|| Bund 1.69% -1bp
|| DE: DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.5906
|| GILT 2.66% +3bp
|| GB: FTSE: Unchanged|
| USDJPY 98.75
|| JGB 0.60% 0bp
|| Asia Close Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JA- Holiday, EZ- Final PMIs, US- Factory Orders
- The tone of the USD has decisively improved after the EURUSD traded below its 20-day moving average (1.3645) yesterday. Most were expecting the Fed to take a low profile at ts October 30 meeting with recent U.S. economic data having taken a softer turn and many still digesting the impact from the government shutdown. Based on the data we have been seeing recently, we feel the odds of a Fed tapering in December are small. The next probable opportunity for a Fed tapering would be the March 2014 Fed meeting, because that is the next meeting after December) with a Press Conference scheduled afterwards.
- Changes in the outlook for Fed policy have given the USD a boost in the latest week. Prices in prime fixed income markets are mostly higher3 The big surprise Thursday were much stronger than expected Chicago and Milwaukee regional PMIs.
- Also EURUSD headed lower in the week just ended after soft German September retail sales data. They came on the heels of weaker than expected employment data, and a softer than expected IFO survey. The broader Eurozone saw rising unemployment and falling (0,70% y/y) flash October HICP inflation.
- This week features a European Central Bank meeting on Thursday. No rate changes are expected, but we must assume their policy decision will be data-dependent. ECB President recently has expressed concerns about the weakness of the Eurozone economy. Furthermore, the recent strength of the EUR has not been helpful. Additional unconventional easing measures are not out of the realm of possible actions.
- The data schedule for the week sees a number of PMI releases. Furthermore, the Reserve Bank of Australia, Bank of England and European Central Bank will announce policy decisions. Another major event will be the release of October U.S. Employment data on Friday. Canadian October Employment data are due for release on that session as well.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.