Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday November 5, 2013 - 19:52:43 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. ISM Service PMI rebounds. U.K. Service PMI soars higher
|U.S. ISM Service PMI rebounds. U.K. Service PMI soars higher|
6 November 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR: JA- BOJ Minutes, AU- Trade EZ- Service PMIs, Retail Sales, DE- Factory Orders GB- Mfg/Ind Output. US- Weekly Mortgages, Weekly Crude, CA- Ivey PMI|
| EURUSD 1.3475
|| U.S. 2.66% +6bp
|| North America: Mixed|
| EURJPY 132.80
|| Bund 1.74% +5bp
|| DE: DAX: Weaker|
| GBPUSD 1.6042
|| GILT 2.71% +7bp
|| GB: FTSE: Weaker|
| USDJPY 98.57
|| JGB 0.61% +1bp
|| Asia Close Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: AU- Trade, EZ- Final Service PMIs, Retail Sales, DE- Factory Orders, GB- Mfg/Ind Output, US- Weekly Mortgages, CA- Ivey PMI
- The EURUSD is trading below its 20-day moving average of 1.3675. the psychological tipping point is 1.3500 After recent data, odds of a Fed taper in December are small. The next probable tightening date is March 2014.
- The U.S. ISM Services PMI was stronger than forecast but still well below peak levels recorded earlier in the year. The key employment sub-component improved. It is watched as a key indicator of Non-farm payrolls. October U.S. employment data are due Friday.
- U.K. October Service PMI was much stronger than expected and has give the GBPUSD a solid lift.. The data suggest the U.K. could be back in a recovery phase.See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- The Reserve Bank of Australia kept rates steady as expected earlier today . The AUD weakened after the central bank said expressed its concerns about the high value of the currency. "...The Australian dollar, while below its level earlier in the year, is still uncomfortably high. A lower level of the exchange rate is likely to be needed to achieve balanced growth in the economy..."
- Thursday features a European Central Bank meeting. It is logical to assume that the EURUSD will be under pressure ahead of the meeting. We see no reason to cut the refi rate as its impact would only be mildly psychological. The preference of the ECB might be for "extraordinary actions" of some type. The ECB faces a real dilemma with the Southern tier of Europe virtually in a depression. Germany has started to slow as well..
- The data schedule for the week sees a number of PMI releases. Furthermore, the Bank of England and European Central Bank will announce policy decisions. Another major event will be the release of October U.S. Employment data on Friday. Canadian October Employment data are due for release on that session as well.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.