Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday November 10, 2013 - 16:51:57 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Reacting to October U.S. jobs data. Holiday in U.S. and Canada
|Reacting to October U.S. jobs data. Holiday in U.S. and Canada|
11 November 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR: Far East: CN- CPI Europe: No Major Data North America: US/CA- Holiday|
| EURUSD 1.3420
|| U.S. 2.75% +15bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 13.75
|| Bund 1.76% +7bp
|| DE: DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6080
|| GILT 2.77% +9bp
|| GB: FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 98.17
|| JGB 0.59% -1bp
|| Asia Close Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CA/US- Holiday
- There is no doubt that the October U.S. employment report (including revisions) was much stronger than expected. The street had been expecting the government shutdown to adversely impact the data, but such distortions were not found in the data. The unofficial market benchmark for economic expansion has been a gain of +200K in jobs. Jobs gains over the Last three months have now been 238K, 163K and 204K. There is no doubt that in the markets that the data put a Fed tapering on the table for consideration at the December FOMC meeting.
- The European Central Bank (ECB) blindsided the markets on Thursday with an unexpected 25bp cut in its refi rate to 0.25%. We had been expecting some sort of ease by the ECB after a run of weak Eurozone and German economic data. The previous week had seen soft German September retail sales data. They came on the heels of weaker than expected employment data, and a softer than expected IFO survey. The broader Eurozone saw rising unemployment and falling (0,70% y/y) flash October HICP inflation. It was the developing deflation in the Eurozone that forced the hand of the ECB to make the token cut in the Refi rate. Its greatest significance was symbolic as it sent a clear message to the markets that the Eurozone economy is in trouble.
- The data schedule for the week sees a number of key U.K. data releases. Otherwise, a the usual weekly U.S. data are due. Key Eurozone inflation data are slated. Keep in mind, recent very weak inflation data may have been behind the unexpected ECB rate cut last week.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.