Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday November 14, 2013 - 10:18:32 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Yellen hearing highlight of day. U.K. retail sales miss. EZ adv 3Q13 GDP soft.
|Yellen hearing highlight of day. U.K. retail sales miss. EZ adv 3Q13 GDP soft.|
14 November 2013 10:00 gmt
| CALENDAR: North America: CA/US- Trade, US- Productivity, Weekly Jobless, Yellen Hearing, Natural Gas, Weekly Crude, 30-yr|
| EURUSD 1.3452
|| U.S. 2.72% -1bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 134.30
|| Bund 1.72% -2bp
|| DE: DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6012
|| GILT 2.80% 0bp
|| GB: FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 99.89
|| JGB 0.61% 0bp
|| Asia Close Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Ind Out, GB- Retail Sales, EZ- GDP, CA/US- Trade, US- Productivity, Weekly Jobless, Yellen, 30-yr
- The major event today will be the Senate confirmation testimony of Janet Yellen starting at 15:00 GMT. Her prepared text has already been released . The key portion of her text was: "...For these reasons, the Federal Reserve is using its monetary policy tools to promote a more robust recovery. A strong recovery will ultimately enable the Fed to reduce its monetary accommodation and reliance on unconventional policy tools such as asset purchases. I believe that supporting the recovery today is the surest path to returning to a more normal approach to monetary policy..." In other words, expect continuity in policy with her predecessor.
- U.K. headline retail sales data were weaker than expected in October. Other UK data have been on an improving path. Yesterday saw a another solid employment report. The unemployment rate fell to 7.60%. BOE guidance has been that the central bank will CONSIDER a policy normalization when the unemployment rate reaches 7.00%.The GBP fell on the retail Sales report. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released..
- Advance 3Q2013 Eurozone GDP was slightly on the weak side of market expectations. The EURUSD fell modestly on the news.
- The usual weekly U.S. data are due today as well as on Friday.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 15 Oct 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
Tue 16 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
Wed 17 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 09:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Fed Policy Minutes
Thu 18 Oct 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 19 OCt 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.