Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday November 21, 2013 - 20:10:15 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. data mixed. EZ PMIs mixed to weaker. China PMI falls.
|U.S. data mixed. EZ PMIs mixed to weaker. China PMI falls.|
22 November 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR: JP- Trade. Europe: DE- IFO. North America: CA- CPI, Retail Sales, COT Report|
| EURUSD 1.3435
|| U.S. 2.79% +1bp
|| North America: Mixed|
| EURJPY 135.50
|| Bund 1.74% 0bp
|| DE: DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6090
|| GILT 2.82% +8bp
|| GB: FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 100.83
|| JGB 0.64% +2bp
|| Asia Close Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Trade Europe: DE- IFO. North America: CA- CPI, Retail Sales
- Fed Minutes report chatter about lowering unemployment trigger level to raise rates. There were discussions about tapering, but no conclusions were reached. Some are seeing a tapering in December or January. Some see it later. U.S. credit market have had a mixed reaction to Fed announcement one day later.
- Yellen era at the Fed about to start. The Senate Banking Committee approved Yellen's nomination (14-8), sending it onto the full Senate for a final confirmation vote. The vote is expected in the week of December 9.,barring unrelated (to Yellen) roadblocks. Bernanke's term runs out on January 31, 2014. . .
- Chinese November flash HSBC data were weaker than expected. Some are expecting additional weakness in the period ahead. U.S. data released over the day were mixed. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- Eurozone flash PMI data were mixed for November, but broadly displayed a softening tone. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- The BOJ decision was to keep policy steady as expected. The central bank said the economy continues to expand.. Sentiment around Japan and the yen remains shaky. The pivotal USDJPY level is the psychological 100 line. Some say "Abenomics" are a failure. Often key in the JPY are the times when BOJ and Fed policies are on opposite tracks.
- A major focus this week is the key German IFO sentiment Survey Friday. Canadian retail sales data are due as well.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 23 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 July 2018
Wed 25 July 2018
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 July 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
Fri 27 July 2018
AA 12:30 US- GDP
A 14:00 US- Final University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.