Share This Story
TradeTheNews.com US Market Update: DJIA Retakes 16000
US Market Update: DJIA Retakes 16000
Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:14 AM EST
- (IN) India Forex Reserves w/e Nov 15th: $283.6B v $282.1B prior
- (CL) Chile Oct PPI M/M: +0.2 v -0.2% prior
- (BR) Brazil Oct Current Account Balance: -$7.1B v -$7.0Be; Foreign Direct
Investment (FDI): $5.4B v $5.3Be
- (CA) Canada Oct CPI M/M: -0.2% v -0.1%e; Y/Y: 0.7% v 0.8%e; Consumer Price
Index: 123.0 v 123.3e
- (CA) Canada Oct CPI Core M/M: 0.2% v 0.2%e; Y/Y: 1.2% v 1.2%e
- (CA) Canada Oct CPI Seasonally Adj M/M: -0.1% v 0.1% prior; CPI Core
Seasonally Adj M/M: 0.0% v 0.1% prior
- (CA) Canada Sept Retail Sales M/M: 1.0% v 0.3%e; Retail Sales Ex Auto M/M:
0.0% v 0.2%e
- (BE) Belgium Nov Business Confidence: -4.3 v -7.0e
- (US) Sept JOLTs Job Openings: M v 3.84Me
- US equity indices are seeing modest
gains this morning in a quiet session after the DJIA retook the 16000 level.
As of writing, the DJIA is up 0.10%, the S&P500 is up 0.11% and the Nasdaq
is up 0.34%.
- The euro is heading higher again this morning, with EUR/USD firmly above
1.3500. The strong German November IFO survey helped sustain the upward
momentum. USD/JPY seems to have found a ceiling around 101.28.
- In earnings news, Foot Lockers is up
4%, off its highs, on solid comps and inline performance in its Q3 report.
Shares of Gap are in the red on a tepid Q3 report and flat comps. Trading in
shares of Pandora has been volatile, with the name's earlier +4% gains
evaporating by mid-morning, then a bounce higher. Pandora narrowly raised its
forecast and disclosed another solid double-digit gain in users in its Q3.
- Time Warner Cable is up more than 7%
after CNBC reported Comcast shareholders support a possible bid for the company.
Yesterday reports were that Charter Communications was near agreement with
banks to help fund bid for Time Warner Cable.
- 11:30 (DE) German Chancellor Merkel at CSU party conference
- 12:15 (US) Fed's Tarullo in Washington on shadow banking
- 14:00 (AR) Argentina Oct Industrial Production M/M: +1.8%e v -0.8% prior
- 14:30 (IT) Italy PM Letta in Berlin
- 17:00 (US) Fed's Stein with member Kocherlakota in Boston
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."