Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday November 25, 2013 - 10:25:14 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Iran deal hits crude. Thanksgiving break in U.S. after much data.
|Iran deal hits crude. Thanksgiving break in U.S. after much data.|
25 November 2013 10:00 gmt
| CALENDAR: North America: US- Pending Home Sales. 2-yr Auction|
| EURUSD 1.3515
|| U.S. 2.76% +1bp
|| North America: Mixed|
| EURJPY 137.40
|| Bund 1.73% -1bp
|| DE: DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6195
|| GILT 2.79% 0bp
|| GB: FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 101.67
|| JGB 0.43% +1bp
|| Asia Close Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Pending Homes, 2-yr Auction
- The weekend temporary (6 mos) nuclear agreement with Iran has seen oil prices and gold fall in anticipation of additional oil exports into the global economy as sanctions are eased. Politically, many are unhappy with the deal on enforcement concerns. Increased tensions between China and Japan (and the U.S.) have seen the JPY weaken.
- The week ahead will sees the Thursday Thanksgiving Holiday in the U.S. That means U.S. markets effectively will be closed from mid-day Wednesday through Friday (early close). Monday is a relatively quiet session for data releases.
- Recall Fed tapering remains on the front burner as a market factor. Keep an eye on the U.S. 10-yr yield as a key barometer of market sentiment. I doubt the Fed will scale back on asset purchases before its March meeting for three reasons.: first, early January could see another budget stand-off between the Republicans and Democrats. Then (March?) there could be another debt ceiling debate Second, Chairman Bernanke's term runs out on January 31. Third we feel that since the tapering process will take a period of time, it makes sense that Janet Yellen should be at the helm when the process is started.
- Sentiment around Japan and the yen has become shaky. The pivotal USDJPY level is the psychological 100 line. Stops above the 101 line have been triggered. "Abenomics" have been a nice slogan, but a policy failure.
- U.S. data will be front-loaded this week and feature a number of key housing and sentiment surveys. The latter portion of the week sees the usual monthend slew of Japanese reports.For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 31 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA JP- Bank of Japan
A 06:00 DE- Retail Sales
A 09:00 EZ- flash HICP/GDP
AA 12:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
A 14:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
Wed 1 Aug 2018
A Final Mfg PMIs
AA 12:15 US- ADP Private Payrolls
A 15:00 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Federal Reserve Decision
Thu 2 Aug 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 3 Aug 2018
A Final Services PMIs
AA 12:30 US- Employment
A 12:30 US/CA- Trade
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.