Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday December 1, 2013 - 14:23:44 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Active Global Calendar. Friday U.S. November Jobs highlight
|Active Global Calendar. Friday U.S. November Jobs highlight|
2 December 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR:Far East: CN- PMI's. Europe: FR/DE/EZ PMIs, GB- PMIs. North America: US- PMI's, Construction Spending, COT Report|
| EURUSD 1.3585
|| U.S. 2.74% -1bp
|| North America:Lower|
| EURJPY 139.19
|| Bund 1.69% -4bp
|| DE: DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6364
|| GILT 2.77% 0bp
|| GB: FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.40
|| JGB 0.61% 0bp
|| Asia Close Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- PMI's, FR/DE/EZ PMIs, GB- PMIs. US- PMI'
- There is little doubt that the U.K recently has been the best performer as its recovery seems to be solidly in place. The U.S. is showing signs of improvement, although we have serious doubts about the sustainability of the housing rebound. There is no doubt that the global economy is counting on the apparent recoveries in the U.S.and U.K., so we are in data-driven markets.
- The Fed remains uncomfortable with its current asset purchase program. Most members of the board do not like its ballooning balance sheet and would like to "taper" its bond purchases as soon as possible. This is not because they want to tighten monetary policy. It is due fears of the possible long term consequences of holding too much government debt. Markets are therefore highly sensitive to any economic release that might move forward the date when they can start to cut back.
- The Fed has gone to great pains to distinguish between monetary policy and a tapering of asset purchases. So it is likely that at some time soon long term interest rates could start to move higher while short term rates do not move. We have already elaborated here at length why technical factors could postpone a tapering until March 2014. We feel Fed tapering would be a USD positive.
- The week ahead sees an exceptionally active data calendar. PMI data will start to be released on Monday and continue all week. Central Bank policy decisions are due from the Reserve Bank of Australia, Bank of England, Bank of England and European Central Bank. The end of the week then sees key employment data from the United States and Canada.
- See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.