Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday December 2, 2013 - 19:21:46 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Initial PMI data mostly better. US jobs Friday the highlight
|Initial PMI data mostly better. US jobs Friday the highlight|
2 December 2013 10:00 gmt
| CALENDAR:. Far East: AU- RBA Decision. Europe: EZ- PPI. North America: US- API Energy|
| EURUSD 1.3535
|| U.S. 2.80% +5bp
|| North America:Mixed|
| EURJPY 139.54
|| Bund 1.74% +5bp
|| DE: DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6355
|| GILT 2.84% +7bp
|| GB: FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 103.09
|| JGB 0.62% +1bp
|| Asia Close Mostly down|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: No Major Data
- Today is seeing the first wave of final November manufacturing PMI releases. In general, the data from the Far East and Europe were in line with our observation that the global economy is in a modest expansion phase. The final U.S. Markit PMI was revised higher and the ISM mfg PMI gained as well. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released. The U.S. data are due later.
- The Fed has gone to great pains to distinguish between monetary policy and a tapering of asset purchases. So it is likely that at some time soon long term interest rates could start to move higher while short term rates do not move. This decision will be very much data dependent. We have already elaborated here at length why technical factors could postpone a tapering until March 2014. We feel Fed tapering would be a USD positive.
- Also Japanese authorities floated a trial balloon about more Quantitative Ease at some time in the very near future. The USDJPY is trading higher on the news.
- The week ahead sees an exceptionally active data calendar. PMI releases will continue all week. Central Bank policy decisions are due from the Reserve Bank of Australia (Tues), Bank of England, Bank of Canada (Wed), Bank of England (Thu) and European Central Bank (Thu). The end of the week then sees key employment data from the United States and Canada.
- See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.