Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday December 4, 2013 - 19:22:59 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Strong ADP data. Mixed Service PMIs. Focus BOE and ECB.
|Strong ADP data. Mixed Service PMIs. Focus BOE and ECB.|
5 December 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR:: Europe: UK- BOE Rates, EZ- ECB Decision. North America: US- GDP, Weekly Jobless, Factory Orders, Natural Gas, CA- Ivey PMI|
| EURUSD 1.3586
|| U.S. 2.85% +8bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 139.43
|| Bund 1.81% +8bp
|| DE: DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6350
|| GILT 2.90% +8bp
|| GB: FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.65
|| JGB 0.64% +1bp
|| Asia Close Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: UK- BOE Rates, EZ- ECB Decision, US- GDP, Weekly Jobless, Factory Orders, CA Ivey PMI
- One major focus on Wednesday was on the volatile ADP private jobs data which came in at a better than expected +215K for Private jobs. While better, the data does not ensure a NFP above +200K, but it was a positive indication. The ISM Services PMI was weaker than expected and many expressed skepticism about the reliability of a strong New Homes Sales data release. The yield on the 10-yr note is pivoting the psychological 2.80% line. It was last at 2.85% +8bp.
- The Fed has gone to great pains to distinguish between monetary policy and a tapering of asset purchases. So it is likely that at some time soon long term interest rates could start to move up, but short term rates do not move for many months..
- Revisions to the Service PMIs within the Eurozone continue to display divergent growth patterns.The U.K. November Services PMI came off its October peak. Its hard to hold a PMI above the 60 line. The GBPUSD fell on the news.See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- Central Bank policy decisions are due Thursday from the Bank of England and European Central Bank. No rate changes are seen. Friday then sees key employment data from the United States and Canada.
- See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.