Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday December 5, 2013 - 20:03:08 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
ECB policy comments drive EUR higher. Friday jobs the next focus
|ECB policy comments drive EUR higher. Friday jobs the next focus|
6 December 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR:: Far East: JP- Lead Indicator. Europe: CH- CPI, DE- Factory Orders. North America: US- Employment, Personal Indicators, PCE Deflator, Employment, University of Michigan Survey, COT Report|
| EURUSD 1.3673
|| U.S. 2.86% +2bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 139.94
|| Bund 1.85% +5bp
|| DE: DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6337
|| GILT 2.92% +2bp
|| GB: FTSE:Lower|
| USDJPY 101.68
|| JGB 0.66% +2bp
|| Asia Close Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: DE- factory Orders, US- Employment, Personal Income, PCE Deflator,
- Neither the Bank of England nor the European Central Bank interest rate decisions (no changes) had any impact on the forex markets Thursday. However, the ECB press conference gave the EURUSD a boost as President Draghi expressed some inflationary concerns and dismissed any possibility the ECB might intervene in forex markets to push the EURUSD lower. Draghi reiterated that forex policy is not an ECB mandate.
- Japan has announced a major stimulus plan designed to offset an increase in the Japanese consumption tax. Large scale Japanese stimulus programs have a long history of not being as large as they appear.
- Friday sees key employment data from the United States and Canada. On Wednesday, the volatile ADP private jobs data came in at a better than expected +215K for Private Payrolls. While strong, the data do not ensure a NFP above +200K, but it was a positive indicator. On the other hand, the ISM Services PMI was weaker than expected. That reading could point to a softer NFP report.
- Otherwise, rising inventories saw a strong upward revision in 3Q13 U.S. GDP to an annualized +3.60%. It is always tricky to predict the future impact of rising inventories. Weekly jobless Claims fell to below the 300K level in the latest week. Those data are difficult to assess as well.
- See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 31 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA JP- Bank of Japan
A 06:00 DE- Retail Sales
A 09:00 EZ- flash HICP/GDP
AA 12:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
A 14:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
Wed 1 Aug 2018
A Final Mfg PMIs
AA 12:15 US- ADP Private Payrolls
A 15:00 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Federal Reserve Decision
Thu 2 Aug 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 3 Aug 2018
A Final Services PMIs
AA 12:30 US- Employment
A 12:30 US/CA- Trade
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.