Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday December 10, 2013 - 20:07:24 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Fed taper speculation increases again. Bond markets vote no
|Fed taper speculation increases again. Bond markets vote no|
11 December 2013 00:00 gmt
| CALENDAR: Far East: AU- Employment. Europe: No major Data. North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, 10-yr auction, Weekly Crude|
| EURUSD 1.3766
|| U.S. 2.80% -6bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 141.36
|| Bund 1.84% -1bp
|| DE: DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6449
|| GILT 2.89% -3bp
|| GB: FTSE:Lower|
| USDJPY 102.71
|| JGB 0.67% +1bp
|| Far East Close Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: AU- Employment, US- 10-yr Auction
- Markets are off to a sluggish start today on a slow session for data releases. Key U.K. data today did nothing to shake the view that the U.K. economy continues to grow. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- There has been a lot of fresh chatter about a modest taper next week. There is report by Steve Liesman of CNBC that a Fed taper next week is increasingly likely. We have no direct connection to inside information at the Fed, so we rely on logic and the messages we feel the central bank is sending. We note that the 10-yr last was 2.813% (2.799% low today) well below its pre- employment levels. We see no signs the bond markets are setting up for a taper next week.. We do not feel the Fed will make a major policy move before January 30, but some forward guidance is still possible.
- March 20 is the first meeting with Janet Yellen at the helm. The March meeting is the next time a press conference scheduled. The Yellen final Senate confirmation vote may be on Friday December 20.
- This week sees a number of data releases but we do not expect many of them to be market-moving. The Swiss National Bank and Reserve Bank of New Zealand will announce their latest policy decisions on Thursday. Australian jobs data are due Wednesday.
- See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 16 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Fri 16 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN- Holiday
AA 09:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 15:00 US- University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.