Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday December 12, 2013 - 19:34:21 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. Retail Sales up. Jobless data rise. Markets setting up for Fed
|U.S. Retail Sales up. Jobless data rise. Markets setting up for Fed|
13 December 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: North America: US- Producer Prices Index, COT Data
| EURUSD 1.3745
|| U.S. 2.87% +3bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 141.96
|| Bund 1.84% +2bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6343
|| GILT 2.90% +3bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 103.28
|| JGB 0.66% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: Producer Prices
- Looking at our overlay charts. It looks like rising U.S. rates have been a weight on stocks. Normally falling equities drive bond yields LOWER. EURUSD does not seem to have an obvious connection right now to stocks OR bonds. The EURUSD is said to be following end-of-year flows.
- U.S. economic data were mixed Thursday. Retail Sales were strong and Weekly Jobless sales were weak, Due to seasonal factors.
- The latest RBNZ policy decision earlier today saw no rate changes, but the central bank hinted at a rate hike in early 2014. The NZDUSD has gained. Australia saw better than expected November jobs data, although the unemployment rate increased. RBA Governor Stevens said that a level closer to .8500 might be more appropriate.
- The Swiss National Bank kept rates steady as expected, but continued to express concerns about the strength of the CHF. A spokesman indicated that negative interest rates could be considered.
- See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.