Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday December 15, 2013 - 13:45:08 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Major Fed meeting Wednesday Calendar active this week
|Major Fed meeting Wednesday Calendar active this week |
16 December 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: CN- HSBC flash PMI, JA- Tankan Survey. Europe: EZ/DE/FR- Flash PMI North America: US- Empire PMI, Productivity, TIC Flows, Industrial Production
| EURUSD 1.3748
|| U.S. 2.87% 0bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 141.60
|| Bund 1.83% -2bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6280
|| GILT 2.90% 0bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 103.10
|| JGB 0.69% +3bp
|| Far East Close: Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- HSBC flash PMI, JA- Tankan Survey, EZ/DE/FR- Flash PMIs, US- Empire PMI, Industrial Production
- Markets spent the better part of the week just ended setting up for the Fed policy decision on Wednesday (December 18). The media is obsessed with the timing of the Fed taper decision. We all know that the central bank would like to exit from its $85 bln/mo purchase of government and mortgage backed debt. Their concern is how to do it quickly once they judge the economy is in a self-sustaining recovery.
- Everyone knows the Fed wants out, the only question is timing. As for timing, the vast majority of observers feel the Fed will start to "taper" their asset purchases by mid-March at the latest. The surprise would be if they do not. We do not expect the Fed to announce a tapering on Wednesday, but feel it would be logical to assume that they will provide forward guidance that a tapering is coming.
- As for Fed leadership succession, a Senate confirmation vote on Janet Yellen is scheduled for Friday, December 20. This is after the Fed meeting. We have heard that Chairman Bernanke feels it is a bad idea for the central bank to have Chairman and a Chairman-elect at the same time, reportedly he might step down early once Yellen has been confirmed. So it is possible that there could be a new Fed Chair before the end of the year. Everyone assumes there will be continuity of current policies under the new regime.
- This week also saw word that Irving Fischer, former head of the Israeli Central bank and renowned MIT economist, will be taking Yellen's former post as Fed Vice-Chairman. Fed management is shaping up to be a "dream team".
- The week ahead looks like a "data dump" before the year-end holiday period. It starts off with the Japanese quarterly Tankan Survey and a number of flash PMI release. We will also see the key German ZEW and IFO Surveys and inflation data from a number of economies and a slew of other releases. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 3 Dec 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A All Day Final Mfg PMIs
Tue 4 Dec 2018
A 04:30 AU- Reserve Bank Decision
Wed 5 Dec 2018
A All Day Final SVC PMIs
A 04:30 AU- CPI
A 13:15 US- ADP Jobs
A 13:30 US- Productivity
A 15:00 CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
B 19:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 6 Dec 2018
AA 12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
AA 13:30 US/CA- Trade
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 7 Dec 2018
A 10:00 EZ- GDP
AA 13:30 US/CA- Employment
A 15:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.