Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday December 16, 2013 - 10:02:31 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Fed meeting Wednesday. Active data calendar week
|Fed meeting Wednesday. Active data calendar week |
16 December 2013 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR: North America: US- Empire PMI, Productivity, TIC Flows, Industrial Production
| EURUSD 1.3769
|| U.S. 2.85% -2bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 141.78
|| Bund 1.84% +1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6321
|| GILT 2.90% 0bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.98
|| JGB 0.69% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Empire PMI, Industrial Production
- Overnight the Japanese quarterly Tankan Survey improved generally in line with estimates. The China's HSBC flash PMI fell modestly. In the Eurozone, flash PMI data generally were mixed to disappointing with Service PMI data weaker.
- Wednesday (December 18). sees the Fed taper decision. The central bank would like to exit from its $85 bln/mo purchase of government and mortgage backed debt. the Fed wants out, the only question is timing. We do not expect the Fed to announce a tapering Wednesday, but feel it would be logical to assume that they will provide forward guidance that a tapering is coming.
- As for Fed leadership succession, a Senate confirmation vote on Janet Yellen is scheduled for Friday, December 20. This is after the Fed meeting. We have heard that Chairman Bernanke feels it is a bad idea for the central bank to have Chairman and a Chairman-elect at the same time, reportedly he might step down early once Yellen has been confirmed. So it is possible that there could be a new Fed Chair before the end of the year. Everyone assumes there will be continuity of current policies under the new regime.
- This week looks like a "data dump" before the year-end holiday period. We will see the key German ZEW and IFO Surveys and inflation data from a number of economies and a slew of other releases. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.