Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday December 16, 2013 - 19:28:34 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Active data calendar week Continues. Fed Wednesday
|Active data calendar week Continues. Fed Wednesday |
17 December 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: GB- CPI/PPI, CBI Output, DE- ZEW, EZ- HICP.: US- Current Account, CPI, NAHB, 2-yr API.
| EURUSD 1.3760
|| U.S. 2.81% +2bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 141.72
|| Bund 1.83% 0bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6297
|| GILT 2.88% -2bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.99
|| JGB 0.69% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- CPI/PPI, DE- ZEW, EZ- HICP, US- Current Account, CPI, 2-yr
- Data releases from the U.S. Monday were mostly mixed and they did not have a major impact on prices. Thi week features a heavy release calendar.
- Overnight the Japanese quarterly Tankan Survey improved generally in line with estimates. The China's HSBC flash PMI fell modestly. In the Eurozone, flash PMI data generally were mixed to disappointing with Service PMI data weaker.
- Wednesday (December 18). sees the Fed taper decision. The central bank would like to exit from its $85 bln/mo asset purchase program. the Fed wants out, the only real question is timing. We feel it is most logical to assume that they will provide forward guidance that a tapering is coming.
- A Senate confirmation vote on Janet Yellen for Fed Chair is set for Friday, December 20. We hear Chairman Bernanke feels it is a bad idea for the central bank to have both a Chair and a Chairman-elect at the same time,. Some say he will step down once Yellen isconfirmed. So it is possible that there could be a new Fed Chair before year-end. Everyone expects a continuity of current policies under the new regime.
- This week sees a "data dump" before the year-end holiday period. The key German ZEW and IFO Surveys, and inflation data from a number of economies and a slew of other releases. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.