Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday December 16, 2013 - 19:28:34 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Active data calendar week Continues. Fed Wednesday
|Active data calendar week Continues. Fed Wednesday |
17 December 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: GB- CPI/PPI, CBI Output, DE- ZEW, EZ- HICP.: US- Current Account, CPI, NAHB, 2-yr API.
| EURUSD 1.3760
|| U.S. 2.81% +2bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 141.72
|| Bund 1.83% 0bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6297
|| GILT 2.88% -2bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.99
|| JGB 0.69% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- CPI/PPI, DE- ZEW, EZ- HICP, US- Current Account, CPI, 2-yr
- Data releases from the U.S. Monday were mostly mixed and they did not have a major impact on prices. Thi week features a heavy release calendar.
- Overnight the Japanese quarterly Tankan Survey improved generally in line with estimates. The China's HSBC flash PMI fell modestly. In the Eurozone, flash PMI data generally were mixed to disappointing with Service PMI data weaker.
- Wednesday (December 18). sees the Fed taper decision. The central bank would like to exit from its $85 bln/mo asset purchase program. the Fed wants out, the only real question is timing. We feel it is most logical to assume that they will provide forward guidance that a tapering is coming.
- A Senate confirmation vote on Janet Yellen for Fed Chair is set for Friday, December 20. We hear Chairman Bernanke feels it is a bad idea for the central bank to have both a Chair and a Chairman-elect at the same time,. Some say he will step down once Yellen isconfirmed. So it is possible that there could be a new Fed Chair before year-end. Everyone expects a continuity of current policies under the new regime.
- This week sees a "data dump" before the year-end holiday period. The key German ZEW and IFO Surveys, and inflation data from a number of economies and a slew of other releases. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..