Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday December 17, 2013 - 19:45:51 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Strong German ZEW data. IFO and Fed Wednesday
|Strong German ZEW data. IFO and Fed Wednesday |
18 December 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR:JP- Trade. DE- IFO GB- Unemployment, BOE Minutes, CBI Distributive Trades.: US- Weekly Mortgages, Housing Starts/Permits, Weekly Crude, 5-yr Auction, Fed Rate Decision/Press Conference
| EURUSD 1.3770
|| U.S. 2.84% -4bp
|| North America: Mixed|
| EURJPY 141.29
|| Bund 1.82% -1bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6270
|| GILT 2.85% -3bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.61
|| JGB 0.66% -3bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Trade, DE- IFO, GB- Unemployment, BOE Minutes, US- Housing Starts, 5-yr Auction, Fed Rate Decision/Press Conference
- At long last, Wednesday will see some sort of Fed taper decision. The central bank would like to exit from its $85 bln/mo asset purchase program. the Fed wants out, the only real question is timing. We feel it is most logical to assume that they will only provide forward guidance that tapering is on the way.
- Latest U.S. CPI data remained tame, but we were skeptical about the strength of the string NAHB Index. The German ZEW Survey was much stronger than forecast for December. EZ HICP ( CPI) was in line with flash estimates.
- U.K. CPI and RPI data remained tame and should not be a concern for the BOE as they come into line with their targets. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- A Senate confirmation vote on Janet Yellen for Fed Chair is set for Friday, December 20. We hear Chairman Bernanke feels it is a bad idea for the central bank to have both a Chair and a Chairman-elect at the same time,. Some say he will step down once Yellen is confirmed. So it is possible that there could be a new Fed Chair before year-end.
- This week sees a "data dump" before the year-end holiday period. The key German IFO Survey is released Wednesday. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.