Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday December 18, 2013 - 10:36:21 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
German IFO about flat. Key Fed decision Wednesday
|German IFO about flat. Key Fed decision Wednesday |
18 December 2013 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR: US- Weekly Mortgages, Housing Starts/Permits, Weekly Crude, 5-yr Auction, Fed Rate Decision/Press Conference
| EURUSD 1.3750
|| U.S. 2.85% +1bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 141.50
|| Bund 1.83% +1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6355
|| GILT 2.86% +1bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.97
|| JGB 0.67% +1bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Housing Starts, 5-yr Auction, Fed Rate Decision
- At long last, today sees some sort of Fed taper decision. The central bank would love to start to exit from its asset purchase program.and the only real question is timing. It is most logical to assume that they could provide forward guidance that tapering is on its way.
- The latest German IFO data were mixed to higher We see their trend as basically flat. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released. EURUSD turned lower after the data.
- U.K. Unemployment data improved today. The most recent Bank of England policy minutes saw no changes in policy. The GBPUSD is up on the jobs report See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- A Senate confirmation vote on Janet Yellen for Fed Chair is set for Friday, December 20. It is possible Chairman Bernanke may step down once Yellen is confirmed. There could be a new Fed Chair before year-end.
- This week sees key events all week ahead of the end of year holidays. before the year-end holiday period. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released..
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 10 Sep 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output
Tue 11 Sep 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 12 Sep 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 18:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 13 Sep 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 14 Sep 2018
A 08:30 GB- GDP
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.