Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday December 19, 2013 - 10:00:56 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.K. Retail sales were in line. USD 10bln Fed taper
|U.K. Retail sales were in line. USD 10bln Fed taper|
19 December 2013 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR: North America: US- Weekly Jobless, Existing Homes Sales, Philly Fed, LEI, Natural Gas, 7-yr Auction
| EURUSD 1.3694
|| U.S. 2.88% +4bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 142.69
|| Bund 1.83% +1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6384
|| GILT 2.91% +6bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 103.97
|| JGB 0.66% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Weekly Jobless, Existing Homes Sales, Philly Fed, Natural Gas, 7-yr Auction
- November U.K. headline (and ex-fuel) retail sales data came in about expected. Other UK data have been on an improving path. Unemployment data yesterday improved substantially. The GBPUSD is up on the jobs report Retail Sales are due Thursday. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- The Fed finally made its taper a decision yesterday. The central bank announced that it would reduce its monthly asset purchases as of January by $10bln to $75 bln. At the same time, the central bank reiterated that short term monetary policy would be kept accommodative for an extended time period. Once the dust settled,markets took the news in stride.
- A Senate confirmation vote on Janet Yellen for Fed Chair is set for Friday, December 20. It is possible Chairman Bernanke may step down once Yellen is confirmed. There could be a new Fed Chair before year-end.
- Today and Friday see key events into the end of year year-end holiday period. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released..
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..