Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday January 9, 2014 - 20:21:32 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Dovish ECB, BOE policy steady. U.S. Employment Friday
|Dovish ECB, BOE policy steady. U.S. Employment Friday|
10 January 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR JP- Leading Indicators, GB- Ind/Mfg Output. US & CA- Employment, US- Wholesale Inventories, COT
| EURUSD 1.3593
|| U.S. 2.99% -1bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 142.44
|| Bund 1.91% +2bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6473
|| GILT 2.99% +1bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 104.78
|| JGB 0.70% -1.bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- Ind/Mfg Output, CA/US- Employment
- As expected, the BOE kept policy steady Thursday.It released no policy statement. The ECB made no policy changes today. The tone of the post-meeting press conference with President Draghi was more dovish than many had expected.
- The December ADP private jobs report reflected a +238K increase in private jobs. That report has shaped market expectations for Non-Farm Payrolls on Friday. Keep in mind, you never know about the reliability of the ADP numbers. Major forecasters broadly have been increasing their estimates for this release. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- The minutes from the December Fed policy meeting contained no major surprises. Most members supported a QE reduction, as most are more confident on jobs outlook. This makes the Friday jobs report a major event.
- With Janet Yellen approved, to be the next head of the central bank as of February 1, better NFP data on Friday would reinforce the Bernanke asset purchases tapering decision made in December. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- Monthly Canadian and U,S..jobs data are set for Friday..For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.