Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday January 9, 2014 - 20:21:32 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Dovish ECB, BOE policy steady. U.S. Employment Friday
|Dovish ECB, BOE policy steady. U.S. Employment Friday|
10 January 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR JP- Leading Indicators, GB- Ind/Mfg Output. US & CA- Employment, US- Wholesale Inventories, COT
| EURUSD 1.3593
|| U.S. 2.99% -1bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 142.44
|| Bund 1.91% +2bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6473
|| GILT 2.99% +1bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 104.78
|| JGB 0.70% -1.bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- Ind/Mfg Output, CA/US- Employment
- As expected, the BOE kept policy steady Thursday.It released no policy statement. The ECB made no policy changes today. The tone of the post-meeting press conference with President Draghi was more dovish than many had expected.
- The December ADP private jobs report reflected a +238K increase in private jobs. That report has shaped market expectations for Non-Farm Payrolls on Friday. Keep in mind, you never know about the reliability of the ADP numbers. Major forecasters broadly have been increasing their estimates for this release. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- The minutes from the December Fed policy meeting contained no major surprises. Most members supported a QE reduction, as most are more confident on jobs outlook. This makes the Friday jobs report a major event.
- With Janet Yellen approved, to be the next head of the central bank as of February 1, better NFP data on Friday would reinforce the Bernanke asset purchases tapering decision made in December. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- Monthly Canadian and U,S..jobs data are set for Friday..For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 3 Dec 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A All Day Final Mfg PMIs
Tue 4 Dec 2018
A 04:30 AU- Reserve Bank Decision
Wed 5 Dec 2018
A All Day Final SVC PMIs
A 04:30 AU- CPI
A 13:15 US- ADP Jobs
A 13:30 US- Productivity
A 15:00 CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
B 19:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 6 Dec 2018
AA 12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
AA 13:30 US/CA- Trade
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 7 Dec 2018
A 10:00 EZ- GDP
AA 13:30 US/CA- Employment
A 15:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.