Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday January 13, 2014 - 20:02:51 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
JPY gains vs the USD and EUR after U.S. jobs and ECB
|JPY gains vs the USD and EUR after U.S. jobs and ECB|
14 January 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR GB- CPI, PPI, EZ- Industrial Production US- Import Prices, Retail Sales, Discount Minutes, API
| EURUSD 1.3667
|| U.S. 2.82% -4bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 140.70
|| Bund 1.82% -3bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6380
|| GILT 2.83% -5bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.95
|| JGB 0.70% 0.bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- CPI, PPI, EZ- Industrial Production, US- Import Prices, Retail Sales, API
- Monday was a slow day on the data front, but the calendar will start to pick up starting on Tuesday. Onfre major focus on that day will be U.K. inflation data. That session will also see critical U.S. December (holiday) retail sales data. That data will be compared to the disappointing December U.S. jobs report. was a real shocker. We feel the data confirmed that the U.S. jobs recovery is likely to remain slow.
- Fed Governor Lockhard (dove), in press comments Monday made it clear that he is not in favor of slowing the tapering process.
- The JPY strengthened against major currencies over the day Monday as we fell traders had gotten oversold the unit. We called attention to this situation after we posted the latest Commitment of Traders Report last Friday..
- The data calendar this week will give markets a chance to digest the events of the past week. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..