Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday January 14, 2014 - 10:14:22 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.K. inflation pressures easing. JPY eases vs. the majors
|U.K. inflation pressures easing. JPY eases vs. the majors|
14 January 2014 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR US- Import Prices, Retail Sales, Discount Minutes, API
| EURUSD 1.3674
|| U.S. 2.85% +3bp
|| North America: Steady|
| EURJPY 141.57
|| Bund 1.81% -1bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6414
|| GILT 2.82% -1bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 103.55
|| JGB 0.66% -4.bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Import Prices, Retail Sales, API
- U.K. inflation data saw the headline index finally fall back into line with the BOE target. This takes some policy tightening pressure off the BOE. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- Today sees critical U.S. December (holiday) retail sales data. That data will be compared to the disappointing December U.S. jobs report. was a real shocker. We feel the data confirmed that the U.S. jobs recovery is likely to remain slow.
- Fed Governor Lockhard (dove), in press comments Monday made it clear that he is not in favor of slowing the tapering process.
- The JPY has earsed a bit against major currencies after a sharp correction yesterday after markets had gotten oversold the unit. We called attention to this situation after we posted the latest Commitment of Traders Report last Friday..
- The data calendar this week will give markets a chance to digest the events of the past week. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.