Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday January 22, 2014 - 18:56:13 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.K. Jobs data strong Bank of Canada dovish. Hot Australia CPI
|U.K. Jobs data strong Bank of Canada dovish. Hot Australia CPI|
23 January 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: CN- HSBC PMI, EZ/DE/FR flash PMIs, EZ- Consumer Confidence US- Weekly Jobs, Markit PMIs, Existing Homes Sales, Leading vindicators, Nat Gas, Weekly Crude, CA- Retail Sales
| EURUSD 1.3545
|| U.S. 2.85% +1bp
|| North America: Steady|
| EURJPY 141.35
|| Bund 1.75% +1bp
|| DAX: Steady|
| GBPUSD 1.6549
|| GILT 2.88% +4bp
|| FTSE: higher|
| USDJPY 104.35
|| JGB 0.68% -1bp
|| Far East Close: Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- HSBC PMI, EZ/DE/FR flash PMIs, EZ- Consumer Confidence, US- Weekly Jobs, Markit PMIs, Existing Homes Sales, Leading vindicators, CA- Retail Sales
- Key U.K.Jobs data for December were stronger than forecast, The unemployment rate at 7.10% moved into range of the previous 7.0% policy threshold of the BOE. The GBP is higher and gilt yields have risen. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- The Bank of Canada kept policy steady as expected on Wednesday. Markets were not surprised by its dovish posture but took special note of its apparent lack of concern about recent CAD weakness. The CAD is weaker. No rate changes are expected, but a dovish policy stance is probable. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- Australia 4Q13 CPI data were hotter than expected and might have taken a rate cut off the table. Aus 10-yr yields are higher and the AUD has risen n response to developments.
- Fed policy is very much data-dependent. That will not change when Yellen takes the helm from Bernanke in just under two weeks. Friday was the major data day of the past week. Housing Starts and Permits for December provide an advance look at the critical (for job creation) housing industry and they are now showing little improvement from the middle of 2013.
- U.S. data recently has been sending mixed signals. Key housing and the University of Michigan survey data seem to be indicating that the real-time economy might be flattening out while other recently-released data have been suggesting the economy continues to recover.
- Flash PMI's for a slew of counties will be out on Thursday. Friday will see see CPI figures from Canada. For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.