Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday January 26, 2014 - 21:02:08 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
German IFO Survey due along with more U.S. Housing data
|German IFO Survey due along with more U.S. Housing data|
27 January 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: DE- IFO Survey, US- New Homes Sales
| EURUSD 1.3675
|| U.S. 2.73% -4bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 139.96
|| Bund 1.66% -4bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6501
|| GILT 2.77% -3bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.33
|| JGB 0.62% -4bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: DE- IFO Survey, US- New Homes Sales
- The past few days have seen a "risk off" trade led by equities. Concern was triggered by a poor (sub-50) reading in the HSBC flash PMI for January. The data reinforced worries about the credit-worthiness of their banking system. Some have been hoping that China could be one of the engines of world growth. Also of concern has been the economic/political uncertainties in Argentina and Turkey. Interestingly the EUR and gold have been the safe-haven plays. Recently, the USD has been losing its safe-haven status.
- Wednesday sees the final FOMC meeting before Ben Bernanke's term as Chairman runs out. We expect no surprises from the meeting. It has been made fairly clear that the central bank will announce another tapering of its asset purchases.
- The central bank will continue to hit home the theme that a tapering does not mean policy is not being tightened. The Fed will continue its ultra-easy short-term interest rate policy well into the future. Janet Yellen will replace Bernanke when he steps down and provide policy continuity.
- Monday sees the closely followed German IFO survey. The week also sees GDP data from the U.S. and U.K. A major highlight will be the Fed decision on Wednesday. U.S. sentiment surveys are always closely watched.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar. and the Forex Forum for key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.