Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday January 27, 2014 - 19:57:57 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Weak U.S. New Homes Sales. German IFO better than seen. Busy Tuesday ahead
|Weak U.S. New Homes Sales. German IFO better than seen. Busy Tuesday ahead|
28 January 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Europe: GB- GDP North America: US- Durable Goods, Case Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, Richmond Fed, 2-yr Auction, API Energy.
| EURUSD 1.3667
|| U.S. 2.74% +1bp
|| North America: Mixed|
| EURJPY 140.31
|| Bund 1.67% +1bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6574
|| GILT 2.79% +2bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.66
|| JGB 0.64% +2bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- GDP, US- Durable Goods, Case Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence
- The U.S. released another weak housing number on Monday, New homes sales were unexpectedly soft but were blamed on the severe winter weather in much of the U.S. this year. Markets now have a catchall excuse for any disappointing economic data.
- The German January IFO survey was stronger than expected, and reinforces the view that Germany remains on a solid recovery path. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- Recent sessions have seen a "risk off" trade led by equities. Concern was triggered by a poor (sub-50) reading in the HSBC flash PMI for January. The data reinforced worries about the credit-worthiness of their banking system. Also of concern has been economic and political uncertainties in Argentina and The EUR and gold have been the safe-haven plays.
- Wednesday sees the final FOMC meeting before Ben Bernanke's term as Chairman runs out. We expect no surprises from the meeting. It has been made fairly clear that the central bank will announce another tapering of its asset purchases.
- The central bank will continue to hit home the theme that a tapering does not mean policy is not being tightened. The Fed will continue its ultra-easy short-term interest rate policy well into the future. Janet Yellen will replace Bernanke when he steps down and provide policy continuity.
- This week sees GDP data from the U.S. and U.K. A major highlight will be the Fed decision on Wednesday. U.S. sentiment surveys are always closely watched. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.