Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday January 27, 2014 - 19:57:57 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Weak U.S. New Homes Sales. German IFO better than seen. Busy Tuesday ahead
|Weak U.S. New Homes Sales. German IFO better than seen. Busy Tuesday ahead|
28 January 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Europe: GB- GDP North America: US- Durable Goods, Case Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, Richmond Fed, 2-yr Auction, API Energy.
| EURUSD 1.3667
|| U.S. 2.74% +1bp
|| North America: Mixed|
| EURJPY 140.31
|| Bund 1.67% +1bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6574
|| GILT 2.79% +2bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.66
|| JGB 0.64% +2bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- GDP, US- Durable Goods, Case Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence
- The U.S. released another weak housing number on Monday, New homes sales were unexpectedly soft but were blamed on the severe winter weather in much of the U.S. this year. Markets now have a catchall excuse for any disappointing economic data.
- The German January IFO survey was stronger than expected, and reinforces the view that Germany remains on a solid recovery path. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- Recent sessions have seen a "risk off" trade led by equities. Concern was triggered by a poor (sub-50) reading in the HSBC flash PMI for January. The data reinforced worries about the credit-worthiness of their banking system. Also of concern has been economic and political uncertainties in Argentina and The EUR and gold have been the safe-haven plays.
- Wednesday sees the final FOMC meeting before Ben Bernanke's term as Chairman runs out. We expect no surprises from the meeting. It has been made fairly clear that the central bank will announce another tapering of its asset purchases.
- The central bank will continue to hit home the theme that a tapering does not mean policy is not being tightened. The Fed will continue its ultra-easy short-term interest rate policy well into the future. Janet Yellen will replace Bernanke when he steps down and provide policy continuity.
- This week sees GDP data from the U.S. and U.K. A major highlight will be the Fed decision on Wednesday. U.S. sentiment surveys are always closely watched. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.