Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday January 29, 2014 - 20:08:01 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Fed announces another USD 10bln taper. Turkey hikes rates.
|Fed announces another USD 10bln taper. Turkey hikes rates.|
30 January 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: NZ- RBNZ Decision. DE- Unemployment, EZ- Consumer Confidence. US- GDP, Weekly Jobless, Pending Home Sales, Natural Gas, 5- & 7-yr Auctions
| EURUSD 1.3651
|| U.S. 2.68% -7bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 139.41
|| Bund 1.64% -4bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6566
|| GILT 2.75% -6bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.13
|| JGB 0.64% +1bp
|| Far East Close: Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: NZ- RBNZ Decision, DE- Unemployment, EZ- Consumer Confidence, US- GDP, Weekly Jobless, Pending Home Sales, 5- & 7-yr Auctions, US- GDP, Weekly Jobless, Pending Home Sales, 5- & 7-yr Auctions
- The FOMC did not surprise markets on Wednesday at it kept interest rates steady, and announced a USD 10bln tapering of its asset purchases. Some were wondering if the central bank would not taper by a full USD 10bln on concern about the budding EM crisis. On the other hand, long term rates remain at depressed levels and under those circumstances, a tapering made sense. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released. .
- The Fed will continue its ultra-easy short-term interest rate policy well into the future. Janet Yellen will replace Bernanke when he steps down and provide policy continuity.
- Turkey hiked interest rates to 12.00% from 7.75% to support the sagging Turkish lira. this has helped ease the EM crisis somewhat.
- Friday sees GDP data from the U.S. .The. sentiment surveys are always closely watched. The end of this week sees the start of the Lunar New Year observances. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum for key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.