Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday February 2, 2014 - 14:41:19 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
PMIs due Monday. Focus on ECB and U.S. Employment data
|PMIs due Monday. Focus on ECB and U.S. Employment data|
3 February 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR. Far East: CN- Holiday. AU- PMI Europe: EZ/DE/FR/GB/CH- MFG PMI North America: CA- PMI, US- PMIs, Construction Spending
| EURUSD 1.3486
|| U.S. 2.66% -4bp
|| North America: Lower|
| EURJPY 137.77
|| Bund 1.66% -5bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6439
|| GILT 2.71% -4bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.15
|| JGB 0.62% +0bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- Holiday. AU, EZ, DE, FR, GB. CH, CA, US- MFG PMI
- Thursday of this week features the next ECB meeting. ECB President Draghi faces a major dilemma with disinflationary pressures mounting and economic growth in the Eurozone lagging. We have felt for years that ECB policy has been too tight and pressure on the central bank is mounting for it to bring inflation back HIGHER to meet its target of just under 2.00%. A troubling report on Friday was January flash HICP (CPI) which increased only 0.70% y/y.
- Its about time for the generals at the ECB to stop fighting the last war! The German Bundesbank Friday appears to have given a green light to Quantitative Ease QE by the ECB after German Retail Sales Friday were much weaker than expected. The ECB is under growing pressure to ease policy. The ECB meets next Thursday..See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- As for the U.S.The market reaction to the latest tapering by the Fed seems has been unexpected in that Fed support for the bond markets is being seen as an action that will result in slower growth and thus lower interest rates in the longer term. Accordingly, stock prices bond yields have fallen.
- On Monday, Janet Yellen will be sworn in as Fed Chair in a private ceremony. She may have her hands full as she faces a deflationary economy and slowing economic growth out of the gate.
- Monday sees the usual early month slew of PMI reports. This week also sees policy decisions by the Reserve Bank of Australia, Bank of England and European Central Banks.The ECB decision could be a major event. The end of the week sees January employment data from the U.S. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM .
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.