Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday February 4, 2014 - 11:20:34 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Risk-off trading extends into markets abroad. Turnaround Tuesday? RBA policy steady
|Risk-off trading extends into markets abroad. Turnaround Tuesday? RBA policy steady|
4 February 2014 11:00 gmt
CALENDAR. US- Factory Orders, API data
| EURUSD 1.3513
|| U.S. 2.61% +3bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 136.90
|| Bund 1.64% -1bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6335
|| GILT 2.70% -2bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 101.30
|| JGB 0.61% -1bp
|| Far East Close:Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Factory Orders
- Monday saw another round of risk-off trading after a rough session Monday in the U.S. Risk off trading carried forward into overseas markets, but it looks as though the U.S. might be in for a correction today. A key focus will be the performance of the U.S. 10-yr note which tested below 2.60% late Monday. At the moment it is back testing the 2.60% line..See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released. As expected, the Reserve Bank of Australia kepi rates steady.
- Additionally, it sent a balanced policy statement, indicating that rate cuts are not in the pipeline. The AUDUSD has rebounded on the decision The RBA appeared to be backing away from its weak AUD policy on concern that the policy has been a conduit for importing inflation from abroad.
- Thursday features the next ECB meeting. ECB President Draghi faces a major dilemma with disinflationary pressures mounting and economic growth in the Eurozone lagging. ECB policy has been too tight and pressure on the central bank is mounting for it to bring inflation back HIGHER to meet its target of just under 2.00%. A troubling report on Friday was January flash HICP (CPI) which increased only 0.70% y/y. The ECB decision could eclipse January U.S. jobs data.
- The German Bundesbank Friday appears to have given a green light to Quantitative Ease QE by the ECB after German Retail Sales Friday were much weaker than expected. The ECB is under growing pressure to ease policy.
- Wednesday will see the second round of PMIs. (Service Sector)This week also sees policy decisions by the Reserve Bank of Australia, Bank of England and European Central Banks.The ECB decision could be a major event. The end of the week sees January employment data from the U.S. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM .
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 15 Oct 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
Tue 16 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
Wed 17 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 09:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Fed Policy Minutes
Thu 18 Oct 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 19 OCt 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.