Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday February 9, 2014 - 18:41:41 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
New Fed Chair Yellen testifies to Congress twice this week
|New Fed Chair Yellen testifies to Congress twice this week|
10 February 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: JP- Tertiary Activity Index Europe: No Major Data.North America: No Major Data
| EURUSD 1.3627
|| U.S. 2.67% -3bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 139.43
|| Bund 1.66% -4bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6409
|| GILT 2.71% -4bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.32
|| JGB 0.62% +1bp
|| Far East Close:Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Tertiary Activity Index
- The focus this week is on the semi-annual testimony of new Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen on Tuesday and Thursday to the House and Senate, respectively, on the economy. We expect the Fed not to continue the tapering of its Asset Purchase Program because most Governors feel it has outlived its usefulness.
- On the other hand, its ultra-easy short term monetary policy is expected to remain in place for the foreseeable future. Thus we are expecting no surprises from Yellen before Congress. a much weaker than expected employment report for January has cemented its easy policy.
- ECB President Mario Draghi surprised the markets last Thursday when he said that price declines in the Eurozone are likely only temporary and that the ECB does not have to respond to them immediately. He also acknowledged a weak holiday period but indicated the economy is improving. In other words, his signal was that a policy easing is not being considered. On balance, a steady policy posture should be EUR positive, unless the markets start to worry that this will cause the economy to slow further. So the powers that be at the ECB are rolling the dice.
- This week sees a relatively light calendar. It features semi- annual testimony by Fed Chair Yellen on Tuesday and Thursday on Fed policy and the economy. On Wednesday, the Bank of England will release its quarterly Inflation report. Thursday sees the latest key employment data from Australia. later that session, the U.S. announces its Retail Sales data. Friday well be an active session with Chinese CPI and EZ GDP data due early. Later the U.S. releases import prices, Industrial production, and the latest University of Michigan Survey ahead of an early pre-holiday close. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM .
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.