Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday February 11, 2014 - 20:18:29 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Fed's Yellen testimony a bit more hawkish than expected
|Fed's Yellen testimony a bit more hawkish than expected|
12 February 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: CN- Trade Europe: EZ- Industrial Production, BOE Inflation Report.North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, Weekly Crude, 10-yr Auction
| EURUSD 1.3636
|| U.S. 2.72% +5bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 139.99
|| Bund 1.69% +1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6445
|| GILT 2.74% +1bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.85
|| JGB 0.61% 0bp
|| Far East Close:Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- Trade, EZ- Industrial Production, BOE Inflation Report, US- 10-yr
- House testimony by new Fed Chair Janet Yellen proved to be slightly more hawkish than expected. A key statement was that the Fed "tapering" was likely to continue along its scheduled path unless the economy weakens unexpectedly. .Fixed income market prices traded broadly weaker, even though her statements contained no major surprises. Equity prices were up sharply on the day. Higher equities saw the USDJPY improve. Tuesday was a holiday in Japan.
- A major event on Wednesday will be the latest quarterly Inflation Report by the Bank of England, which should provide some insight into the current monetary policy being pursued by the central bank. In the case of the BOE, the focus will be on the timing of a future policy tightening.
- Thursday sees the latest key employment data from Australia. later that session, the U.S. announces its Retail Sales data. Friday well be an active session with Chinese CPI and EZ GDP data due early. Later the U.S. releases import prices, Industrial production, and the latest University of Michigan Survey ahead of an early pre-holiday close. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM .
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.