Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday February 17, 2014 - 20:17:12 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Active Period for U.K. Data Starts on Tuesday. German ZEW due
|Active Period for U.K. Data Starts on Tuesday. German ZEW due|
18 February 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR:JP- BOJ Decision.GB- Inflation, DE- ZEW Survey.US- Empire PMI, TIC Data, NAHB Index
| EURUSD 1.3707
|| U.S. 2.75% 0bp
|| North America:Higher|
| EURJPY 139.65
|| Bund 1.69% +1bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6700
|| GILT 2.79% -1bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 101.86
|| JGB 0.61% +2bp
|| Far East Close:Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- BOJ Decision, GB- Inflation, DE- ZEW Survey, US- Empire PMI, TIC Data, NAHB Index
- Last week, Fed Chair Yellen On the policy side, she indicated that the FOMC would run a policy consistent with her predecessor, Ben Bernanke. .In general, the Fed is expected to remain on its USD 10bln per meeting taper schedule, but will continue to pursue an ultra-easy short-term monetary policy well into the future.
- As for the ultra-easy monetary policy, from where we sit today, there appears to be a major structural problem that most of the major economies face with a lack of job creation. This cannot be cured by monetary policy, but higher interest rates certainly will not help. We expect to see low short-term interest rates globally well into the future until somehow excess productive capacity in the system is somehow absorbed. Expect excessive volatility in the financial markets if cheap money continues to slosh around globally.
- The highlights of the week ahead include a heavy data calendar after Monday holidays in the United States and Canada.
- Tuesday sees the latest monetary policy decision by the Bank of Japan and the start of the mid-month slew of U.K. data, which commences with inflation figures and the closely followed German ZEW Survey. Wednesday sees the start of a number of U.S. housing reports, then flash PMI data are released on Thursday. Canadian Inflation data come out on Friday along with Existing U.S. Homes Sales. data today are unlikely to be market-moving releases. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM .
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.