Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday February 18, 2014 - 20:08:40 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Poor U.S. Data.BOJ Surprise. UK CPI Soft. German ZEW mixed
|Poor U.S. Data.BOJ Surprise. UK CPI Soft. German ZEW mixed|
19 February 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Europe: GB- Employment, BOE Minutes. US- Weekly Mortgages, PPI, Housing Starts/Permits, Fed Minutes, API Data.
| EURUSD 1.3755
|| U.S. 2.72% -3bp
|| North America: Mixed |
| EURJPY 140.71
|| Bund 1.67% -2bp
|| DAX: Steady|
| GBPUSD 1.6688
|| GILT 2.75% -4bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.28
|| JGB 0.61% +0bp
|| Far East Close:Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- Employment, BOE Minutes, PPI, Housing Starts/Permits, Fed Minutes
- Two pieces of U.S. data released on Tuesday fell well short of expectations. The Empire State PMI and National Association of Homebuilders Index were both very weak. Both were blamed on the severe winter weather in the U.S. It will taker a few months until "cleaner data will be seen. The EUR is benefiting at the expense of the USD and JPY.
- Overnight the BOJ surprised markets by announcing a new lending scheme to promote corporate lending. the USDJPY gained on the news.
- U.K. inflation data were mixed, but key target figures were soft. This suggests there will be no pressure on the Bank of England to tighten policy anytime soon. The GBP fell on the news but has since been rebounding. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released.
- The German ZEW Expectations Survey was weaker than expected but the Current Conditions index gained The EURUSD has had a mixed response to the report.
- The rest of the week will see the usual mid-month slew of U.K. data, Wednesday sees the start of a number of U.S. housing reports, then flash PMI data are released on Thursday. Canadian Inflation data come out on Friday along with Existing U.S. Homes Sales. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM .
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.