Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday February 19, 2014 - 19:38:21 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
More soft U.S. Housing Data. U.K. Jobs Data Mixed
|More soft U.S. Housing Data. U.K. Jobs Data Mixed|
20 February 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: CN- HSBC flash PMI. EZ, DE, FR- flash PMIs, GB-CBI Industrial output, EZ- Consumer Confidence. US- CPI, Weekly Jobless, Markit flash PMI, Philly Fed Survey, Leading Indicators, Natural Gas, Weekly Crude
| EURUSD 1.3740
|| U.S. 2.69% -3bp
|| North America: Mixed|
| EURJPY 140.73
|| Bund 1.66% -1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6693
|| GILT 2.74% -1bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.45
|| JGB 0.61% 0bp
|| Far East Close:Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- HSBC flash PMI, EZ, DE, FR- flash PMIs, US- CPI, Weekly Jobless, Markit flash PMI, Philly Fed Survey, Leading Indicators
- The U.S. saw another round of weak Housing data with Starts and Permits coming in weaker than expected. The latest set of FOMC meetingMinutes sent no decisive signals to the markets, although some saw them as hawkish..
- U.K employment data for January were mixed today with the key unemployment rate unexpectedly rising. U.K. economic data recently have been turning mixed from strong. the GBP is off its best levels of the day..
- U.K. inflation data Tuesday were mixed, but key target figures were soft. This suggests there will be no pressure on the Bank of England to tighten policy anytime soon.
- Thursday will see flash PMI data from the Eurozone and China. Canadian Inflation data come out on Friday along with Existing U.S. Homes Sales. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM .
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 16 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Fri 16 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN- Holiday
AA 09:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 15:00 US- University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.