Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday February 24, 2014 - 09:46:48 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
German IFO Stronger than Seen. Active Data Week in Store
|German IFO Stronger than Seen. Active Data Week in Store|
24 February 2014 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR: GB- Distributive Trades. US- flash Markit Services PMI
| EURUSD 1.3758
|| U.S. 2.73% -2bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 140.87
|| Bund 1.68% +1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6665
|| GILT 2.78% 0bp
|| FTSE: higher|
| USDJPY 102.39
|| JGB 0.60% 0bp
|| Far East Close:Lower|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: No Major Data
- The new week has started off with a stronger than expected outcome in the bang closely followed German IFO Survey. The EURUSD is higher.
- We have become weary of weather as an explanation for why U.S. economic data has been weaker than expected. Poor weather is not a valid explanation for data misses. We feel the underlying data must be weaker than expected and that better weather might not help a lot.
- Thursday will see the second round of (postponed) testimony by new Fed Chair Yellen before the Senate. Her prepared testimony should not be changed, but we wonder if in light of recent data she will temper her economic outlook.
- In general, the Fed is expected to remain on its USD 10bln per meeting taper schedule, but will continue to pursue an ultra-easy short-term monetary policy well into the future. Obviously, policy will be data-dependent.
- German Retail Sales and Employment data over the week will be closely scrutinized. Eurozone HICP (CPI) data have been a high impact item recently and certainly will be watched for any more signs of ongoing disinflationary pressures. A couple more U.S. pieces of Housing data are due over the period along with Senate testimony by Janet Yellen. U.S. sentiment surveys are due as well along with UK, U.S. and Canadian GDP figures.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.