Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday February 26, 2014 - 20:04:12 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Spike in U.S. Home Sales doubtful. U.K. GDP Revisions in Line
|Spike in U.S. Home Sales doubtful. U.K. GDP Revisions in Line.|
27 February 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: JP- Industrial Output. DE- Unemployment, EZ- Consumer Confidence. CA- Current Account. US- Durable Goods, Weekly Jobless, Yellen, Natl Gas, 7-yr
| EURUSD 1.3680
|| U.S. 2.67% -3bp
|| North America: Steady|
| EURJPY 140.14
|| Bund 1.62% -3bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6658
|| GILT 2.73% -2bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.45
|| JGB 0.59% 0bp
|| Far East Close:Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Ind Output, DE- Unemployment, CA- Current Account. US- Durable Goods, Weekly Jobless, Yellen, Natural Gas, 7-yr Auction
- January U.S New Home Sales were considerably stronger than exprcted although may were skeptical about the report
- The U.K. revised 4Q13 GDP was barely changed from initial estimates GDP gained roughly 2.70% y/y.
- Unnamed ECB sources said an interest rate cut at next Thursday's meeting (one week from tomorrow) is unlikely. That view is in line with our perspective.
- Thursday will see the second round of (postponed) testimony by new Fed Chair Yellen before the Senate. Her prepared testimony should not be changed, but we wonder if in light of recent data she will temper her economic outlook. The Fed is expected to remain on its USD 10bln per meeting taper schedule, but will continue to pursue an ultra-easy short-term monetary policy well into the future. Policy is data-dependent.
- German Retail Sales and Employment data will be closely scrutinized. Eurozone HICP (CPI) data have been a high impact item recently and certainly will be watched for any sign of ongoing disinflationary pressures. More U.S. Housing data are due Friday. Also U.S, and Canadian GDP figures are due.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.