Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday February 27, 2014 - 20:05:06 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Yellen Takes a Less Positive view on Economy. German Jobless in line with estimates
|Yellen Takes a Less Positive view on Economy. German Jobless in line with estimates|
28 February 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: JP- Unemployment, CPI, Retail Sales, Industrial Output. DE- Retail Sales, EZ- HICP (CPI), Unemployment, CA- GDP, US- GDP, Chicago PMI, University of Michigan, Pending Homes Sales, COT Report
| EURUSD 1.3705
|| U.S. 2.65% -2bp
|| North America:Higher|
| EURJPY 140.00
|| Bund 1.56% -6bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6685
|| GILT 2.68% -5bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.12
|| JGB 0.59% 0bp
|| Far East Close:Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- CPI, Retail Sales, Industrial Output, DE- Retail Sales, EZ- HICP (CPI), CA- GDP, US- GDP, Chicago PMI, University of Michigan, Pending Homes Sales
- Comments by Fed Chair Yellen Thursday focused on the weakness of the U.S. jobs market suggesting that the extended period Fed short-term policy ease will continue. She took the unusual step of revising her earlier prepared text to cite the recent turn softer in U.S. economic data. ON the other hand, it appears the Fed tapering policy will remain in place with asset purchases likely to finish later this year.
- February German unemployment declined in line with estimates, The lead Eurozone economy remains on a solid footing.Yesterday, unnamed ECB sources said an interest rate cut at next Thursday's meeting (one week from tomorrow) is unlikely. That view is in line with our perspective.
- German Retail Sales and Eurozone HICP (CPI) data will be closely scrutinized on Friday. Eurozone HICP have been a high impact item recently and certainly will be watched for any sign of ongoing disinflationary pressures. More U.S. Housing data are due Friday. Also U.S, and Canadian GDP figures are due.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..