Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday February 27, 2014 - 20:05:06 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Yellen Takes a Less Positive view on Economy. German Jobless in line with estimates
|Yellen Takes a Less Positive view on Economy. German Jobless in line with estimates|
28 February 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: JP- Unemployment, CPI, Retail Sales, Industrial Output. DE- Retail Sales, EZ- HICP (CPI), Unemployment, CA- GDP, US- GDP, Chicago PMI, University of Michigan, Pending Homes Sales, COT Report
| EURUSD 1.3705
|| U.S. 2.65% -2bp
|| North America:Higher|
| EURJPY 140.00
|| Bund 1.56% -6bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6685
|| GILT 2.68% -5bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.12
|| JGB 0.59% 0bp
|| Far East Close:Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- CPI, Retail Sales, Industrial Output, DE- Retail Sales, EZ- HICP (CPI), CA- GDP, US- GDP, Chicago PMI, University of Michigan, Pending Homes Sales
- Comments by Fed Chair Yellen Thursday focused on the weakness of the U.S. jobs market suggesting that the extended period Fed short-term policy ease will continue. She took the unusual step of revising her earlier prepared text to cite the recent turn softer in U.S. economic data. ON the other hand, it appears the Fed tapering policy will remain in place with asset purchases likely to finish later this year.
- February German unemployment declined in line with estimates, The lead Eurozone economy remains on a solid footing.Yesterday, unnamed ECB sources said an interest rate cut at next Thursday's meeting (one week from tomorrow) is unlikely. That view is in line with our perspective.
- German Retail Sales and Eurozone HICP (CPI) data will be closely scrutinized on Friday. Eurozone HICP have been a high impact item recently and certainly will be watched for any sign of ongoing disinflationary pressures. More U.S. Housing data are due Friday. Also U.S, and Canadian GDP figures are due.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.