Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday March 4, 2014 - 19:15:07 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. ADP and Bank of Canada Policy Decision Wed. Ukraine tension eases. RBA Steady
|U.S. ADP and Bank of Canada Policy Decision Wed. Ukraine tension eases. RBA Steady|
March 5, 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR Far East: AU- GDP, EZ/DE/FR- final Service PMI's, EZ- Retail Sales, GDP.US- Weekly Mortgages, ADP Jobs, final Markit PMI, ISM Service PMI, Weekly Crude, Beige Book, Bank of Canada Decision
| EURUSD 1.3734
|| U.S. 2.68% +8bp
|| North America: Higher|
| EURJPY 140.29
|| Bund 1.60% +4 bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6675
|| GILT 2.70% +4bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.14
|| JGB 0.61% +3bp
|| Far East Close:Higher|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: AU- GDP, EZ/DE/FR- final Service PMIs, EZ- Retail Sales, GDP, US- ADP Jobs, final Markit PMI, ISM Service PMI, Weekly Crude, Beige Book, Bank of Canada
- Wednesday looks to be an active session with the second round of PMIs (Service) set for release. Also the U.S. ADP Private Jobs report is scheduled. These data always shape expectations foe the Non-Farm Payroll Data on Friday.
- The session on Wednesday will see the latest Bank of Canada policy decision. No rate changes are seen, but a less dovish policy statement should be anticipated. .
- Tensions in Ukraine eased Tuesday as Russian President Putin ordered his troops to step back in Ukraine. We have no doubt that he still plans to control the nation from behind the scenes, but the visible presence of Russian troops has been reduced and the financial markets have been responding positively to this development..
- No change in policy by the RBA early in the day was as expected. Gov Stevens suggested that policy is unlikely to be changed in the medium term, although he reinserted concern about the level of the AUD saying "The exchange rate remains high by historical standards"
- No rate change by the ECB is seen Thursday, although there is chatter about a reduction in the sterilization of asset purchases. Flash Eurozone HICP data ticked up in January. Also, the German Bundesbank is not in favor of a rate cut. We feel ECB policy is geared more to the needs of Germany than the rest of the bloc. German data recently has been mostly better than seen.A BOE decision is also due Thursday.
- The end of the week features key U.S. and Canadian jobs data. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 20 Nov
14:00 EZ- Draghi Speech
15:00 US- Leading Indicators
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..