Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday March 5, 2014 - 10:12:42 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Bank of Canada Policy Decision and ADP Data awaited. European PMIs Mixed
|Bank of Canada Policy Decision and ADP Data awaited. European PMIs Mixed|
March 5, 2014 11:00 gmt
CALENDAR .US- Weekly Mortgages, ADP Jobs, final Markit PMI, ISM Service PMI, Weekly Crude, Beige Book, Bank of Canada Decision
| EURUSD 1.3725
|| U.S. 2.68% 0bp
|| North America:Steady|
| EURJPY 140.56
|| Bund 1.62% +2bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6685
|| GILT 2.72% +2bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.40
|| JGB 0.61% 0bp
|| Far East Close:Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GDP, US- ADP Jobs, final Markit PMI, ISM Service PMI, Weekly Crude, Beige Book, Bank of Canada
- PMI Service data from Europe today generally has been mixed. Eurozone January retail sales were stronger than expected while GDP was unrevised. U.S. Service readings are due later in the day. Also the ADP Private Jobs report is scheduled for the open. These data always shape expectations foe the Non-Farm Payroll Data on Friday.
- Later, the latest Bank of Canada policy decisions due. No rate changes are seen, but a less dovish policy statement should be anticipated. .
- Tensions in Ukraine continue to ease after Russian President Putin ordered troops to step back in Ukraine. We have no doubt that he still plans to control the nation from behind the scenes. .
- No rate change by the ECB is seen Thursday, although there is chatter about a reduction in the sterilization of asset purchases. Flash Eurozone HICP data ticked up in January. Also, the German Bundesbank is not in favor of a rate cut. We feel ECB policy is geared more to the needs of Germany than the rest of the bloc. German data recently has been mostly better than seen.A BOE decision is also due Thursday.
- The end of the week features key U.S. and Canadian jobs data. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.