Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday March 5, 2014 - 20:04:05 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. ADP Jobs Softer than Seen. U.S. and European PMIs Mixed. Bank of Canada steady
|U.S. ADP Jobs Softer than Seen. U.S. and European PMIs Mixed. Bank of Canada steady|
March 6, 2014 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR AU- Trade, DE- Factory Orders, GB- Bank of England, European Central Bank. US- Productivity, Weekly Jobless, Factory Orders, Natural Gas, CA- Ivey PMI.
| EURUSD 1.3737
|| U.S. 2.69% +1bp
|| North America:Mixed|
| EURJPY 140.55
|| Bund 1.61% +1bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6720
|| GILT 2.72% +2bp
|| FTSE: Higher|
| USDJPY 102.30
|| JGB 0.61% +1bp
|| Far East Close:Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: AU- Trade, DE- Factory Orders, GB- Bank of England, European Central Bank, US- Productivity, Weekly Jobless, Factory Orders, Natural Gas, CA- Ivey PMI
- No rate change by the ECB is seen on Thursday, although there is chatter about a reduction in the sterilization of asset purchases. Flash Eurozone HICP data ticked up in January. Also, the German Bundesbank is not in favor of a rate cut. We feel ECB policy is geared more to the needs of Germany than the rest of the bloc. German data recently has been mostly better than seen.A BOE decision is also due Thursday.
- U.S. Service PMI readings were mostly disappointing, especially the Services employment index, which can be a precursor of the Non-farm payroll report on Friday. The headline February ADP Private Jobs report was a touch weaker than expected. Also the January data were revised lower.
- PMI Service data from Europe today generally has been mixed. Eurozone January retail sales were stronger than expected while GDP was unrevised.
- The latest Bank of Canada policy decisions was for no changes, as expected..The central bank indicated that the economy remains on a slow and steady recovery path and that inflation is not an issue at present. .
- Tensions in Ukraine continue to ease after Russian President Putin ordered troops to step back in Ukraine. We have no doubt that he still plans to control the nation from behind the scenes.
- The end of the week features key U.S. and Canadian jobs data. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.