Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday March 9, 2014 - 12:38:30 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Slow Week for Data. Markets are weighing Draghi vs. U.S. Jobs
|Slow Week for Data. Markets are weighing Draghi vs. U.S. Jobs|
March 10, 2014 :00:00 gmt
CALENDAR Far East: JP- GDP, Tertiary Activity Index. Europe: No Major Data. North America: No Major Data
| EURUSD 1.3870
|| U.S. 2.79% +6bp
|| North America:Mixed|
| EURJPY 143.30
|| Bund 1.66% +2bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6724
|| GILT 2.80% +3bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 103.30
|| JGB 0.63% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Mixed|
HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- GDP
- February U.S. employment data and (revisions) on Friday were better tan expected in light of the bad weather this winter. Some are saying the data now have a decent base when there is a seasonal catch-up in March-April. On the other hand, the ECB is in no position to ease policy in the foreseeable future.
- As pointed out last week, flash February HICP had increased to 0.80% yr/yr from a final 0.70% reading in January plus core flash HICP was 1.00% yr/yr. Also, German data recently has been been mostly improving over the past month.
- ECB President Draghi has been very clear in his past several meetings: the ECB was not going to ease unless the Eurozone economy turned south sharply. Furthermore, Draghi has said repeatedly that the ECB has no fear of Eurozone deflation in the medium term, and thus the central bank can comfortably run a steady policy unless conditions decisively change. It seems on Thursday the market finally had gotten his message. As a result the tone of the EURUSD has improved, We will see how far it can go.
- Fed Chair Yellen in her most recent testimony tempered her outlook on the economy. On the other hand, February U.S. employment data were better than expected in light of the severe winter weather in that month. Based on the data, the yield on the 10-yr bond rose and equity prices have gained.
- Markets will be keeping a close watch on developments in Ukraine in the period ahead. For now the situation seems to be fading as a market factor.
- The data for the week ahead seems to be relatively quiet. It sees central bank decisions by the Bank of Japan and the Reserve Bank of New Zealand. Thursday sees key February employment data from Australia and and U.S. retail Sales data. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 10 Sep 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output
Tue 11 Sep 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 12 Sep 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 18:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 13 Sep 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 14 Sep 2018
A 08:30 GB- GDP
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.