Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday March 11, 2014 - 19:03:48 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Wednesday is shaping up to be another quiet session with many sidelined
|Wednesday is shaping up to be another quiet session with many sidelined|
March 12, 2014 :00:00 gmt
CALENDAR Far East: NZ- RBNZ Decision. Europe: No Major Data North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, Weekly Crude, 10-yr auction.
| EURUSD 1.3865
|| U.S. 2.78% bp
|| North America:Lower|
| EURJPY 142.74
|| Bund 1.64% +1bp
|| DAX: Higher|
| GBPUSD 1.6620
|| GILT 2.78% -1bp
|| FTSE: Steady|
| USDJPY 102.96
|| JGB 0.63% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Higher|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: NZ- RBNZ Decision, US- 10-yr auction
- Tuesday has seen a mixed performance in major markets as traders seemed to be looking for a new trading theme. The Fed taper theme is no longer an issue, the ECB has clarified its policy stance and Ukraine seems to be fading as a source of uncertainty.
- A light data news calendar leaves the fate of the markets in the hands of algo systems who typically revert to correlation trades. One new correlation trade that has surfaced recently is copper to the CNY because the Chinese manufacturing economy is heavily dependent on copper for production.
- For what its worth, everything is correlated to everything. We feel that the principal driving force for the markets is equities. Risk-on when equities are rising and risk-off when they are falling.
- The data for the week ahead seems to be relatively quiet. It sees central bank decisions by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand. Thursday sees key February employment data from Australia and and U.S. retail Sales data.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.