Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday March 12, 2014 - 09:53:48 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Markets in a defensive "risk-off" Posture Early Wednesday.
|Markets in a defensive "risk-off" Posture Early Wednesday.|
March 12, 2014 :10:00 gmt
CALENDAR US- Weekly Mortgages, Weekly Crude, 10-yr auction. NZ- RBNZ Decision.
| EURUSD 1.3855
|| U.S. 2.75% -3bp
|| North America:Lower|
| EURJPY 142.39
|| Bund 1.61% -3bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6616
|| GILT 2.74% -4bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.76
|| JGB 0.63% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: US- 10-YR, NZ- RBNZ Decision
- Today is off to a "risk-off" posture for the major markets with fixed income prices up and equities lower. The major USD pair in forex are narrowly mixed, which implies that the same is generally true for the major crosses.
- There appears to be some nervousness about the Crimea "independence" referendum over the weekend even though its outcome is a foregone conclusion.
- A light data news calendar leaves the fate of the markets in the hands of algo systems who typically revert to correlation trades. One new correlation trade that has surfaced recently is copper to the CNY because the Chinese manufacturing economy is heavily dependent on copper for production.
- The data for the week ahead seems to be relatively quiet. It sees central bank decisions by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand. Thursday sees key February employment data from Australia and and U.S. retail Sales data.
- Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 3 Dec 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A All Day Final Mfg PMIs
Tue 4 Dec 2018
A 04:30 AU- Reserve Bank Decision
Wed 5 Dec 2018
A All Day Final SVC PMIs
A 04:30 AU- CPI
A 13:15 US- ADP Jobs
A 13:30 US- Productivity
A 15:00 CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
B 19:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 6 Dec 2018
AA 12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
AA 13:30 US/CA- Trade
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 7 Dec 2018
A 10:00 EZ- GDP
AA 13:30 US/CA- Employment
A 15:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.