Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday March 12, 2014 - 19:15:08 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
"Risk-off" Trading to Persist into Weekend? Key Data thru Friday
|"Risk-off" Trading to Persist into Weekend? Key Data thru Friday|
March 13, 2014 :00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: AU- Employment. EZ- Industrial Output. US- Import Prices, Retail Sales, Weekly Jobless, Business Inventories, Natural Gas, 30-yr auction.
| EURUSD 1.3855
|| U.S. 2.73% -5bp
|| North America:Lower|
| EURJPY 142.39
|| Bund 1.61% -1bp
|| DAX: Lower|
| GBPUSD 1.6616
|| GILT 2.74% -4bp
|| FTSE: Lower|
| USDJPY 102.76
|| JGB 0.63% 0bp
|| Far East Close: Lower|
HIGH IMPACT NEWS ITEMS: AU- Employment, EZ- Industrial Output, Retail Sales, Weekly Jobless, 30-yr
- Forex trading moved to the sidelines Wednesday in the absence of key trading news. Trading was dominated by a "risk-off" post with fixed income prices up and equities lower. After a rocky start, U.S. equity markets gained from their lows over the day.
- The major USD pairs in forex are narrowly mixed, which implies that the same is generally true for the major crosses.
- Nervousness about the Crimea "independence" referendum over the weekend persists even though its outcome is seen as a foregone conclusion. The U.S. Energy Department indicated during the day that it was going to make a token release of oil from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR). Some saw the announcement as a warning shot at Russia.
- Thursday sees key February employment data from Australia and and U.S. Retail Sales data. Be sure to refer daily to the Global-View Economic Calendar For key items (actual data, selected charts, etc.) as they are released, see the FOREX FORUM.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Expert Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Thu 16 Nov
01:30 AU- Employment
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
Fri 17 Nov
13:30 CA- Retail Sales, CPI
13:30 US- Housing Starts and Permits
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium Wed -- 20:30 GMT AU- Employment data.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Thu -- 09:30 GMT GB- Retail Sales.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Mediun Thu -- 10:00 GMT EZ- final HICP. ECB targets inflation.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu -- NY Morning US- Import Prices, Philly Fed, Industrial, Production, NAHB. Usually not major movers.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium Fri -- 13:30 GMT CA- Retail Sales and CPI.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium Fri -- 13:30 GMT US- Housing Starts and Permits.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..